PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion of GCAA MPL to FAA ATP
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2020, 06:33
lee_apromise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisepower
You do not need to do anything from scratch! You will get credit on some of the hours you already have. If you want to get the CPL cheaper then go the modular way. But you will have to redo the exams and do some solo/ dual hrs and of course the checkride.

Best would be to contact Some flight schools and seek their advice. I know personally someone who converted MPL to CPL. It’s not impossible however with Current travel restrictions It will take you some time.
OP's total time is total time, nothing changes that. What OP needs to do is check §61.109 Aeronautical experience for PPL and do whatever solo, solo cross country and dual flying missing.

Then OP needs to do the multi engine rating from the scratch because MPL cannot be used as a basis to issue multi-engine rating based on a foreign license.

Then § 61.65 Instrument rating requirements. Just for instrument rating only, OP needs 40 hours instrument hours (real IMC or under the hood) and 50 hours PIC x-country. This alone will add up a lot in terms of cost because he does not have 50 hours PIC x-country. FAA IR dual time must be given by FAA CFII. No other way around it.

Then §61.129 Aeronautical experience for ME-CPL because FAA ATP requires OP to have FAA ME-CPL.

(b) For an airplane multiengine rating. Except as provided in paragraph (i) of this section, a person who applies for a commercial pilot certificate with an airplane category and multiengine class rating must log at least 250 hours of flight time as a pilot that consists of at least:
(1) 100 hours in powered aircraft, of which 50 hours must be in airplanes.
(2) 100 hours of pilot-in-command flight time, which includes at least— (i) 50 hours in airplanes; and (ii) 50 hours in cross-country flight of which at least 10 hours must be in airplanes.
(3) 20 hours of training on the areas of operation listed in §61.127(b)(2) of this part that includes at least
He has (1) but he does not have (2) and (3).

I won't even bother with FAA CTP cost and ATP checkride cost because OP does not have 1,500 hrs total.

The cost OP will incur is significant. Pretty much similar to starting from the scratch from PPL.