PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2020, 16:52
737James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You for all the replies, The flight is due to be at the start of September BHZ-PFO and I have had the joy of spending over 3 hours on the phone to Tui and have been given lots of incorrect telephone numbers and email address all very annoying.

I have asked to switch to EMA flights but have been told it will be an extra £800 which is crazy as still the same dates, hotel, room type and possibly even transfers as inbound flight is just 20 mins later. I have been advised by two different people that at Tui call centre that the SmartLynx aircraft will 100% have the extra legroom seats in the first 5 rows. So I have made a GDPR request for the calls so if they don't i have some evidence to take up a complaint.

Looking through online reports SmartLynx do look rather poor with old, broken aircraft which suffer frequent delays. I am rather surprised that Tui have taken the decision to use them but maybe they are cheap.

Its the BHX based Tui flightdeck crew that are the winners with this as its two PFO and a LCA deep nights each week that they will not be getting on the roster, although at present many would jump at the chance to get back to work