PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 15th Jun 2020, 09:00
A30_737_AEWC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I had heard of the name of Jason McHeyzer somewhere before. Then the light bulb illuminated.

It was on the DMO/CASG/RAAF E-7A Wedgetail AEW&C development & acquisition program. Along with the 'gravy train' of other senior RAAF officers on overseas postings, I recall he was posted to the US-based DMO Project Office overseeing Boeing and it's principal subcontractors. That the acquisition program was delivered some 5 years late can't simply be shrugged off to being the contractors' fault. Competent oversight and control by key individuals in the Project Office ? I doubt it. I think he had some kind of engineering responsibility for the software development oversight, despite not being a professional engineer. He claims to have been accountable for airworthiness certification at the level of design approval under the former ADF TAMM system of technical airworthiness regulation. Again, as a non-tertiary qualified professional engineer. The RAAF are like that. It's a tick-in-the-box for the CV, and you move on to the next opportunity.

Former WGCDR McHeyzer, if as well schooled in the officer ways of his former RAAF brethren, probably applies the old military communication principle of never initiating comms with people more than 2 ranks up the ladder from you, lest your chain of command be blindsided by one's comms. I discovered this to be a 'thing' when as a civilian with only 3 years experience working among RAAF personnel, I was spoken to by my WGCDR supervisor and GPCAPT next-level supervisor after taking the initiative to contact an AIRCDRE in the chain of command who I formerly knew as the GPCAPT OC in the organisation I previously worked in. We knew each other.

I daresay Mr McHeyzer is simply applying his former RAAF protocols in industry. Having worked in industry myself for many years, that might not always be either (i) appropriate or (ii) appreciated by others.

Not that any of this offers you any possible consolation, Glen. In that respect I feel somewhat helpless, but I support your call for integrity in conduct and process.

I've been quietly following your situation from the sidelines, considering my own circumstances at the hands of a RAAF CENGR supervisor who was my age but had literally no professional engineering experience during his career before we crossed paths and who essentially destroyed my career and me personally through his own ignorance, incompetence and nepotism to this RAAF colleagues.

Glen - Don't overlook your health and wellbeing as this matter proceeds in the hands and carriage of your team. That's of significant importance. I may not have personally experienced 'my justice' in my workplace matter, but I am still here to speak about it and support others who want to reach out for support.

Best regards,

A30_737_AEWC

Last edited by A30_737_AEWC; 16th Jun 2020 at 03:27.