PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 15th Jun 2020, 07:35
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
We will just have to settle for reading it here, at least until pprune comes with an audio function on e day.
I’d need to get someone to do the audio. My Aussie strine would be torture to listen to!

I think it’s also worth looking at this from the company’s perspective- isn’t that a Sun Tzu thing to consider your predicament from the opposition’s view point?

Do you think they’d prefer to pay 6 months to someone at the start of their career and run the risk of not getting them back or find the ‘sweet spot’ amount of money (perhaps a similar amount of money or perhaps less depending on who they’re offering) to get people to leave at the end of their careers and still retain the investment on those newer crew.

If the A380 is a chance to remain stood down beyond March next year and/ or reduced capacity when it comes back, would an A380 Captain consider taking a package worth (say) $150K in March next year or potentially work 50% (or less) divisors for the next 12 months until they get to retirement?

I’m also pretty confident that the company can put an individual offer to specific crew so I’m sure there would be a bit of a ‘sliding scale’ as to how much a particular pilot may be offered depending on their time to retirement.

Anyway, it’s going to be a rough couple of years. Very few winners anywhere.

Last edited by Keg; 15th Jun 2020 at 10:11.