PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Strategic Defence Review 2020 - get your bids in now ladies & gents
Old 15th Jun 2020, 07:30
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
BEagle and Downsizer

BEagle, I am well thankyou. Lockdown has been remarkably kind to me so far so I can’t complain.

Downsizer, you are quite correct. If it isn’t the constant threat of disciplinary action for saying the wrong thing on here, it’s the banal postings from several notable individuals who have no real reason for being on here that have frightened off the majority of currently serving personnel.

I have nothing against anyone who has a valid connection (either ex or current serving or civil servants) being on here. However, some people just need to be a little better at self policing their contributions.

Starting a thread and then regularly resuscitating it when nobody else shows any interest in it just gets tedious.

The time will come to discuss the next SDR so can’t we just wait until we actually know some detail? I think it’s clear the OP has had all the speculation he’s likely to get for now so give it a rest.

As for me, well I regularly find myself with too much time on my hands and can’t resist giving my thoughts. But then you knew that already.

BV