PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffrey Thomas has predicted the Virgin Owner
Old 15th Jun 2020, 04:42
On eyre

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Oh to wax allegorical after a slightly boozy lunch -
The stupidist bird in the world is the seagull, to quote:-" The seagull. The worst bird on earth, and it’s not even close. Say what you will about pigeons, they at least add some practical value to the world. You can eat them. You can train them to send coded messages across enemy lines. You can keep them as pets on a rooftop, Mike Tyson–style. They’re useful scavengers. Seagulls, on the other hand, are the worst. Every boardwalk in America is ruined by their presence. All I wanted to do was eat an ice cream cone. Now I’m in the middle of a goddamn Hitchcock movie. We should nuke the seagulls. "

Does Cyrus and Bain come to mind here ?

And the smartest bird ? The Crow of course.
Every Ozzie knows it is impossible to shoot a Crow let alone run one over on the road. The cunning buggers know to leave the carcase alone when vehicles approach to return to get nourishment at a safer time.
So to take the allegory a bit further, who is the Crow in this case ? Don't know yet but all Crows are bits of darkness and love saying "Fark"em.
You have been warned. Roll on liquidation time.
Guess I should have a strong black coffee now to become a hyperactive drunk.
Cheers
I should add I have friends in Virgin, wish them well, but don't see the present pair of protagonists providing a very satisfying result. But like GT I could be wrong.