PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Flying Badges
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2020, 00:40
KBW10101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Not Aircrew

Originally Posted by heights good
Awkward....

I guess that is that argument put to bed....

if Carlsberg did Aviation Authorities, for everyone else there is "aircrew recruitment link"

Its sadly a matter of time before somebody hands the CC trade an Honorary Aircrew Flying badge though- NO OASC , NO NCAITC, No flying training. Like you said previously- you're not aircrew unless you've passed at least 'Officer and AIRCREW Selection Centre' course.

But give it 1-2 years or less, they'll be wearing the flying badge without the need to change the QR's to reflect or MAA RA's. They'd have circumvented the whole lot and the Trade advisors at HW would have handed them the Flying badge (without the aircrew prerequisites ) on a plate.

I hope i'm wrong Heights Good- but the cynic in me says the people who want to defend the standard of aircrew and Flying Badges are powerless to stop it. Maybe Aircrew could go and buy the CC wings and wear them without the prerequisites of a trade badge? at least it has TWO wings instead of only one

Watch this space - Chugalug will be overjoyed, he'll be straight back with pictures. Even if the MAA RA's don't support his argument.