PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has training restarted?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2020, 22:03
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reality check - back to the OP's question...

Mostly, no, ab initio training for the PPL doesn't appear to have restarted. There is a rumour going around that 4th July will be the 'GO' date, but yet to be confirmed.
Meanwhile, we're not conducting ab initio training or dual checks but we ARE allowing selected pilots with proven experience to solo hire the Club aircraft. A few of them have taken members of their same household flying, no problem! I think most clubs and schools are taking the same stance.

Let's be patient and wait, it's not too long now.

All threads suffer from drift, but let's find another thread to discuss statistics and the rights and wrongs of government decisions around the World. What we COULD discuss here are the various methods different places are proposing for reducing the risk to student and instructor. I've been flying with my wife, also a pilot, trying out different face masks. The main problem seems to be fogging of spectacles. AOPA have circulated the Risk Assessments carried out at one place. I think we will all wind up making out similar, even though the detail might be slightly different. This might also be influenced by DfT guidance when it appears...

TOO