PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has training restarted?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2020, 19:00
Radgirl

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
There are certainly questions over reporting and the different systems used in different countries. The public inquiry will determine the question of openness, which I was not discussing. What I was raising was competence. The IOM like New Zealand closed borders. Lockdown happened far earlier in NZ and, it can be argued, in the IOM. Many many things that should have been done in the UK which professionals were arguing for were not done and other things were done that clearly caused deaths. Track and trace, the app, PPE, care homes - the list is endless. I have lost friends and colleagues. The health of the UK population will suffer as a result for many years and total excess deaths will be well over 100,000. I do not intend to enter into a debate as to whether we did better or worse on this or that, and comparisons with other countries need far more in depth data analysis that is practical on this site. My belief is that many many people died and will die, and the economy will tank because politicians failed to do enough at the right time in the UK.