PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Strategic Defence Review 2020 - get your bids in now ladies & gents
Old 14th Jun 2020, 18:54
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
BEagle, you know well that the great majority of posters here are not serving, not the least reason being that posting and serving can be injurious to one's prospects, depending on the subject matter and views expressed. So, many of the threads and the posts tend to be from those who have previously served in UK Military Aviation, either in uniform or as a civvy, ie civvies! I see no reason why such civvies should not be augmented by other full time civvies who, as Asturias points out, are taxpayers too. There is a tendency hereabouts to tell people whose views or background are out of favour to naff off. In my experience the more varied people's backgrounds, the more interesting and informative the debate. It often takes an outsider to question the Emperor's choice of clothing.

In the meantime might I suggest that we be more tolerant of thread starters and leave it to the Mods to decide what action, if any, is called for? We can't guarantee that every thread is pleasing to the eye, or every post a literary gem. But there'll be another one along very soon, Sir.