PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA CPL/ATPL conversion for foreign nationals with OCI status
Old 14th Jun 2020, 06:17
akumar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Indian DGCA CPL/ATPL conversion for foreign nationals with OCI status

Hi guys, I born in Indian but currently I am an overseas citizen of India commonly known as OCI cardholder with foreign passport. I am starting this thread to get some inside information who has gone through the process of Indian DGCA CPL/ATPL conversion being an OCI but NOT as an Indian national.
I have intensively studied all the threads on the forum related to issues that guys had faced being an OCI but all those information are few years old.

With my online search & reading old post on this forum, I noticed that DGCL CPL & ATPL is only issued to the Indian National /Indian passport holder. OCI is not an Indian passport & person holding OCI is not considered Indian National anyway so DGCA will not issue CPL/ATPL

During my search, I also found that DGCA computer number could be issued to OCI & also has been issued to OCI which is the 1st step but need clearance from the Ministry of home affairs prior to DGCA could issue the computer number. & some guys have also passed the exam & medical & did the required training but at the final stage the license got rejected by DGCA because the person has to be Indian Citizen in order to get DGCA CPL.

I request to Aviation Community to help each other by providing some information who has knowledge of the described situation or if someone has been through the process.