PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 14th Jun 2020, 04:35
Popgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel for any crew member going through this very tough time. I have been through it as an expat in a previous life and wish you all the best as you pick up the pieces and try to rebuild your life.

I am stunned, however, by the number of posters who actually seem breathtakingly shocked by the way EK employees are being terminated without care, compassion, dignity or humanity.

AYFKM??

When you move to a country that does not respect human rights, democracy and many other freedoms that you likely took for granted in your country of origin, for a few pieces of silver and rapid career progression, you perhaps took a gamble on the upside without enough analysis of the risks.

For those of you getting towards retirement age, I hope you have been financially prudent. For those much younger, I hope you will see in time that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. For all, I hope you will see the experience as one to learn from and that there really isn’t anything that important in life other than your health (physical and mental) and spending time with the people you love.

Sincerely best wishes,

PG