PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Flies Again (merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2003, 20:34
Georgeablelovehowindia
Death Cruiser Flight Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, a miraculous clearance in the skies to the west of LHR, so a rapid beetle up to the vantage point in Windsor Great Park. Radio tuned to 121.9 and videocam DOUBLE CONFIRMED on standby (stuffed this up on Alpha Golf's departure!). The little knot of other people gathered round as I relayed progress as Alpha Foxtrot began to taxy.

Suddenly a pompous old git (P.O.G.) turned up in some species of Rover (not well up on those) and advised that we're wasting our time: Concorde departed twenty minutes ago! Two little old ladies expressed their disappointment until I assured them that I was listening to the aircraft, still on the ground. Blow me, P.O.G. began to argue the toss until eventually it dawned that he might be talking to somebody who knew something. P.O.G. wandered off muttering and then, just as Alpha Foxtrot and Heathrow Tower were exchanging their final, emotional, pleasantries on 118.5, his b---dy Rover's alarm started beeping!!

Fortunately, P.O.G. hastened back to silence the wretched thing in time. I've got something semi-reasonable as she came straight over the top, but of course she was going up like a lift ... much, much higher than Alpha Golf's departure.