PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 13th Jun 2020, 10:58
Global Aviator

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Potsie Weber
i think we will be surprised by just how many will want to come to Australia when they can, even with strict 14 day quarantine. Backpackers, retirees etc who can spend months travelling around a huge country and NZ, freely with no risk of COVID.

If quarantine controlled international arrivals are allowed here by northern hemisphere winter, Australia will be a very popular place for those with money to stay here for 3-4mths.

I have been talking with some expat UK friends that live here and they are really hoping to bring parents and family here to escape the northern winter and potential second/third wave. They said everyone they talk to are thinking the same thing, even getting family out here permanently as soon as possible.

Australia is in for a post COVID boom the likes of post WWII.
It is great to see people with a positive outlook. It can’t get much worse than what it is, one would hope! I to am a believer that things will get better sooner than expected. Of course for airlines that means they have to be ready when a ramp up comes.

Making huge redundancies, LWOP, etc, will there be enough trainers and sims?

Will it be a case of QF Int parked up whilst the likes of QR, EK, SQ, etc who are possibly in a more ready position take the work?