PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has the Middle East Peaked as a Hub ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2020, 10:21
Jack330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Middle East airlines are suffering a lot because of the covid consequences and, thanks to the latest wrong decisions of various governments (see useless quarantine and useless restrictions) the loss will go deeper in the next months, that being said I think that there is no comparison with any other airlines in the world, those ME carriers are the best option for travellers in terms of quality, safety and network so I guess they will never stop being the most convenient option for years to come, once the crisis is gone (nobody knows exaclty when) they'll go back stronger than before because they have the capitals to do so (like Qatar with endless money) and they will pick up all the passengers of the failed airlines.
Some of them will suffer more than others (see Emirates) because of the wrong fleet choice, way too many A380's that are amazing for passengers but a blood bath for Airlines, they were ok 10 years ago but 115 of them ??? Come on...
Unfortunately the package for pilots will not be the same for a while, unless things recover faster than anticipated but the damage is unfortunately done.