PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 13th Jun 2020, 08:33
Transition Layer

Received 85 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
Is it?
2000+ pilots go to zero income to prevent (who knows) 2-300 pilots from going to zero income. It’s something we will all need to consider the merits of but I don’t think it is a ‘no brainer’.

Are the most junior pilots served well by being stood down with no leave for an indefinite period vs being made redundant and paid out accordingly?
I’d have though that a guarantee of re-employment, in seniority order, at the earliest possible moment in reply to a temporary reduction in MGH (as an example) would provide a greater total benefit to the pilot body.
Didn’t blueskymine refer to leave accrual while stood down? Not sure how that equates to zero income. JobKeeper might continue post Sept for certain industries/companies (like Qantas) but the company might say “collect your govt money, burn some leave (if you have some) to supplement it, but your leave balance won’t grow while stood down on Jobkeeper”. I think that’s what they were referring to.