PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 13th Jun 2020, 05:48
guy_incognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
They were then also quite happy to sit back and potentially benefit from a "me too" clause whilst the pilots continued to stick their necks out..

Anyhow next we have to wait and see whether said campaign and the MPs comments' have any effect at all on BA.
Sadly, and I really hope I’m wrong, I don’t see it having any effect whatsoever. The government has no power under current legislation to do anything to sanction BA/ IAG beyond writing strongly worded letters. WW knows that. Further, the government has no interest in bringing forward legislation that would change the situation. The general public don’t and won’t care.

This could prove to be a pivotal moment for employer/ employee relations in the UK, not just in the aviation industry. I’m absolutely sure that managers in all sectors are eagerly awaiting the results, to see just how far they can go when screwing over employees.

For years I’ve seen people on PPRUNE talk about ‘the race to the bottom’. Unfortunately it seems absolutely clear that we were nowhere near the bottom before, and there’s still a long way to go. Aviation as a career is dead.