PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 12th Jun 2020, 19:58
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by pax britanica
In the midst of a quiet Camberley afternoon a quite loud inbound aircraft noise prompted me to pop outside to see a w/b twin disappearing behind the trees as it turned onto base leg for LHR easterlies. Checked it out on FR24 and the origin of the 767-300 was given as Luanda Angola , just ahead of it and on final approach was another 767 of Air Rwanda from Brussels . What we could be importing from Luanda except dirty money I cannot imagine. one would almost have to go back to the 60s to see the number of unusual airlines at todays slot constrained LHR where there is barely room for anything not already scheduled.
That sounds an intriguing pair of movements.

The arrival from Luanda was the same EuroAtlantic Airways B763 that flew out to Angola from LHR late on Wednesday evening.

I'm mystified by the other arrival you noted just before the above. There's a weekly Rwandair on Fridays, but that's an A330 and it arrives non-stop from Kigali (plus it landed more than 4 hours earlier, just after midday). I wonder what it was that you saw?