PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the reason for turning off fuel pumps after shutdown.(a320)
Old 12th Jun 2020, 10:17
AerocatS2A

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Check Airman
I’m not really understanding this. I know that a lot of European airports use remote stands. Is this really factored into the turn times?
It doesn't need to be factored in, but if you have a 35 minute turn around every time but some are push-backs and some are taxi-out, you effectively have an extra 4 - 5 minutes on the push back turn compared to the taxi-out turn. Where I currently work, every turn is a push back so it's a moot point, but I used to do freight with 35 minute turns and the little bit of extra time you got at the push-back ports made all the difference.

Originally Posted by Denti
Indeed, doing only minimum turnarounds can be very fatiguing. Especially for the PM (who does the walkaround where i work, but also the load calculation) it can be hard to get enough breathing time to visit the loo, especially when he is new to the operation.

So even if the working conditions are good, which they are at some outfits, although that might change now very fast, LCC flying is very hard work indeed, for both cabin crew and flight deck.

To each, their own. Personally I'd much rather do a four sector day with minimum turn times rather than have a five to ten minute lull each time. Get to work, bang out the sectors, go home, that's my ideal work schedule.