PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the reason for turning off fuel pumps after shutdown.(a320)
Old 12th Jun 2020, 06:14
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Check Airman
I’m not really understanding this. I know that a lot of European airports use remote stands. Is this really factored into the turn times?
Well, yes and no. On a push back stand engine start up time doesn't factor as the engine is started during push back, after off block. However, on a taxi-out stand it does factor as the engine is started on stand and off block happens after that. Some airlines use a special "self maneuvering" delay code to track that.

I’ve only deplaned via stairs a few times, but the turn time was always the same. If anything, the rear door is only usually opened for the cleaners to board.

Even in a legacy carrier before i joined some LCCs we were happy to park on a remote stand, boarding and deboarding via two stairs is simply much faster than with just one entry. And yes, if possible, we always let the passengers deplane via both exits, it is nice for them and better for us.