PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 12th Jun 2020, 04:32
Blueskymine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OnceBitten
BSM, Read the Integration award 16 (e) this relates to redundancies across mainline and states "vacancies resulting from the re-shuffling of positions consequent upon retrenchment shall be filled in accordance with the provisions for filling vacancies set out in this award and other applicable awards/agreements". Basically meaning in the whole context of section 16 relating to redundancies for those A and Q pilots above the Y, and below the Y relates to all remaining Q pilots in seniority. Vacancies that are created by these provisions will be subsequently advertised to be filled in seniority order from the remaining pool of pilots. So redundancies across mainline are done in seniority and are not dependant on the Haul according to the IA.
I agree with you in regards to RINs and displacements that these do not apply across the Hauls but mainline redundancies do. I also agree with your sentiment that with standown, Jobkeeper and VRs we won't see a crew member depart that doesn't want to.
16.D.iii trumps that though. If there are surplus Q pilots but not A pilots, Q pilots shall only be retrenched.

section E refers that if for instance a pilot is retrenched and that position becomes a consequential vacancy, It shall be filled in accordance with seniority. For instance if 10 787 SOs are made redundant, those positions if required will be filled from the top down. It doesn’t refer to jumping from long haul to short haul or vice versa.

I read it more as those positions are filled in order of seniority from those that are left, not the retrenchment list.