PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nas End State!!!end It Now!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2003, 18:38
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's with posting the same post again?

2b1ask1

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear stories all the time about America having greater radar coverage than us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you deny this fact? If not, do you not see that trying to implant a system which uses extensive radar coverage into a place with minimal coverage, could be dangerous, and at the very least warrant some investigation? If the aviation world is different in the u.s., why is it appropriate to assume that what works there will work here?

quote:
remember when mandatory position reporting was stopped

Yeah I do. It was much more pleasurable being a VFR pilot back then. You had the option of receiving services. Maybe that is one reason GA is in the state it's in. (Not to mention is was a lot cheaper to fly back when the govt didn't consider aviation a revenue source).
quote:
but they have now moved on and get on with it so should we.

Got on with what? Luckily aus is not renowned for it's convergent thinkers, although that seems to be changing. Just shut up and meekly do as your told, right?
quote:
transponder is switched to alt during run ups and will be amended on the check lists. Now is that not reasonable

Sure, as long as it's actually done. Putting something on a checklist doesn't mean it will be. If the transponder is U/S, how would the pilot know? Doing run-ups and pre-flight checks is considered worthwhile in the aviation community, because your life depends on the equipment. Under NAS, your life may very well depend on that transponder. What do you propose I do about that?
quote:
The fact that most PPL pilots out there realise that large aircraft travel faster can have a heavier workload and find it harder to see escapes most of your pea brains.

So what exactly can the clever PPL do about that large, fast travelling aircraft with the busy crew who haven't seen him as it heads towards him . A slow plane has little hope of avoiding a fast one. I know- he gets on the appropriate frequency!! Where's that ERSA?
quote:
I now instruct and do BFR's etc the fact that most VFR pilots do not like to fly above cloud let alone descent through a small hole

Lot's of pilots I know fly through cloud on BFRs Plus, you don't need most pilots doing it. One is enough.
quote:
We are a belt and braces country sometimes we only need a belt.

Yeah, and NAS takes away our belt, and our pants.
quote:
Take a pill or take up golf if you really cant see ways to make this work then I am afraid aviation perhaps is not your field.

People who just accept whatever lies the govt tell them, or powerful people who ride roughshod over accepted practices using dirty politics in order to get their own way, maybe aviation isn't their field?

(Cut and post from the other NAS thread- mods feel free to delete whichever you see fit )