PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Jun 2020, 07:02
Ollie Onion

Received 215 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by hotnhigh
They could save on cost by reducing the number of CEO’s for a start. Then offshore the ones left to NZ, jobkeeper and all.
it’s a remarkable state of affairs if Qantas deems it appropriate to receive government funding whilst individual workers that could work and currently subsidised by jobkeeper, remain idle.
The current environment aviation finds itself in, isn’t one of profitability, it’s one of survivability. And I thought Qantas was supposed to be Australian.
yeah I know, we’ve been here before....
Well that is debatable, Qantas Mainline might be considered Australian but they own or part own a lot of businesses that are not considered Australian such as Fiji Airways, Jetstar NZ, Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Pacific etc. Let's not forget that Jetconnect pilots are also sitting at home crapping themselves about their jobs, I don't think it is unfair for the work that they were doing immediately before COVID to be returned to them in the first instance. With the current outlook, from a business point of you it is probably better to re-activate the lower cost area's of the operation. Yes it sucks, but let's face it, Qantas doesn't give a sh*t about you or me despite their platitudes.