PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Jun 2020, 03:21
dr dre

Received 357 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Fujiroll76

My opinion is that the 747 RIN will occur later in the year. Training will be delayed until a time that allows for demand to reach an adequate level for training sectors..

It’s easy to shave the bottom 300-400 pilots but carrying a small surplus will be the only way forward. Let alone having to recruit again once things pick up.

I agree with most of what you’ve written Fuji, good work.

I would say that in regards to a RIN there isn’t really anything specified anywhere that once a pilot is RIN’d to somewhere that their training has to begin within a specified time. Potentially a 747 pilot RIN’d to another fleet may be stood down waiting until all existing pilots from that fleet have been stood back up fully until their training commences.

I also wouldn’t say it’s “easy” to shave the bottom pilots off, almost all of the pilots at the bottom are on fleets that are going to be back up and running first so they will need replacements to be trained into their positions at a cost of money and time.