PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Jun 2020, 00:24
Fujiroll76

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 2 cents worth

Its clear QF are in discussions with AIPA on how they can manage a potential excess of crew moving forward. Every department and union involved within QF would be doing the exact same.

In the pilot world we are unique in the way you can’t just hire someone off the street Day 1 and start your role Day 2....unlike many middle management roles within QCC who still trump our onload priority...that’s for another day.

A recruitment stream can take from application to checked to line of approx 12 months. QF will be taking this into account when the “R” word gets thrown around.

People think they know what will happen in 12,24,36 months but in reality they can’t. This would worry QF when it comes to having / not having the flexibility that they currently have standing people up and within a few days currency is achieved and flying the line.

Now it’s no secret it’s a $$ game.

As I read on here previously. Every stood down pilot is effectively taking an 86% pay cut when you factor in AL accrual. I’m sure the company will abuse this and will be in discussions with AIPA to have this removed from the stand down provisions and effectively coasting the company $0 but still having the flexibility it currently has. A win win for QF

Retirements are set to skyrocket over the next 5 years, factor in those who will settle for early retirement in lieu of having to train onto a new fleet and those who are looking at an extended stand down and the super implications.

LWOP is already being offered and taken by a selected few. 12 months for SH and 24 months for LH has been granted.

My opinion is that the 747 RIN will occur later in the year. Training will be delayed until a time that allows for demand to reach an adequate level for training sectors.

A combination of LWOP, VR (380), Agreed Flexi line arrangements (Job share) to stand up as many as possible. This will all come after Sept as JK takes up the slack for the time being.

once JK concludes the above will be implemented with those stood down to agree to no AL accrual.

380 to be stood down indefinitely as the EA permits - No training allocations for the foreseeable future.

It’s easy to shave the bottom 300-400 pilots but carrying a small surplus will be the only way forward. Let alone having to recruit again once things pick up.

Anyway that’s my thoughts.

Have we heard what’s happening to the CEO’s pay after June 30???? Hmmm

AJ pay alone last year would cover the the entire SO 787 fleet..go figure.

Fuji