PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Life After Flying
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2020, 09:22
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by excrab
So however much you want to pontificate I will do what I need to do to keep a job and put the money in the bank that my family needs, and I’m sure I won’t be alone in that. And if that means accepting a pay cut for a while then I’ll do it. And if that means that someone with ten or twenty or thirty years of earning potential ahead of them are upset then so be it, why should I sacrifice what is left of my career to help you with yours.
That's the entire T&Cs debate in a nutshell. Everyone will do what they find to be in their best interest and not what some fellow on pprune suggests as "the best way forward for the next 10-20-30 years to come". For some, it might be staying away from aviation for a year or two. For others, it might be a complete career change. Some will agree to a basic pay cut, others will be more than happy to go part-time with work and pay reduced pro rata. Nobody can tell you what to do in this situation, at least for as long as they are not contributing towards your mortgage, not putting any food in your fridge and not sharing your bills.