PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 10th Jun 2020, 05:14
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they reverse the scheme, then it may make sense​​​​​​
That's what I originally wanted to put across. I can't see the cadet scheme continuing in its present format for quite a while - however, that doesn't mean that there will be no type ratings. The sim centre is a big cash cow in itself. It will likely just be a fund-yourself affair, with some bogus agency contract in the end of it, saying that you MAY be offered work with RYR on-demand as part of a contractor pool. It doesn't contradict the fact that RYR employees were made redundant because those with agency contracts will not be RYR employees.

It's a way of making money - and a truly big one. Only giving RYR the second place in the "Pay an arm and a leg for a 737 type rating" department (with the first one being held by a certain company on the other end of Europe, charging €35,000 for it). So, I think that it would be denial to think that they will not avail of this. If that became the case and I was an applicant, I wouldn't be worried about the assessment and the course. I would be worried about being assigned enough work to pay the bills for the month.