PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 9th Jun 2020, 21:33
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like denial to me, pink unicorns with all due respect. The cadet scheme is now bonded without the full upfront payment option, as you may have read here. If they reverse the scheme, then it may make sense, however, I believe the training capacity they have will be focused on those in their training college already.

Entering the scheme now could also see you sit on a pool for a while before you even see the dirty jet(they are filthy) and put that cheap quality uniform.

There is also the legal aspect of making employees redundant then hire replacements within a year, in the UK is ilegal. I believe the government made a point about business taking the Job retention scheme money, than making people redundant. Would be even worse taking the money, making the redundancies whilst still recruiting cadets. Ryanair accepted a substantial financial support from the UK government.

If the European market picks up faster than predicted, OCC’s are cheaper and faster to run and pilots require a handful of sectors whilst a cadet needs a minimum of 64.

Emirates fired 1/4 of it’s pilots today with more to come(update on my previous post, it’s actually 950 as of now). Many of them have 737 ratings as many came from Ryanair, Norwegian, Fly dubai etc.

Honestly, you guys have to be measured and make decisions with a lot of consideration, again, it’s sound advice and it’s free!
You lot are in denial.

Last edited by Raph737; 9th Jun 2020 at 23:06.