PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2020, 12:17
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no objection to EMA being the principal parcel hub within MAG I do however object to enquiries for general cargo (and indeed PPE) from airlines to use Manchester, being artificially redirected to other airports due to a clear lack of the imaginative and creative thinking that was once so prevalent.
Navpi / Bagso. It is a bit of a rant. I don't think it's up to you to decide if EMA should be just a parcel hub or not. As you know, imagination /creative thinking at MAN ended after Gil Thomson. Since those days, the airport has not been responsive to passengers - customers - users, but to shareholders first and foremost. We see this from their public grandstanding on public transport but in reality encouraging raking it in on car park & drop off fees. Engineering security queues in order to flog fast tracks- that often weren't. We also see this now, when airlines are on their backsides- MAN are introducing increases to their office rents. So, Navpi, I wouldn't bother trying to suggest anything- MAN is a closed book these days let them get on with it.