PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 9th Jun 2020, 09:56
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by king surf
I heard Ian Dale mention that he had a friend whose salary was dropping from £75000 to £32000 so his friend was probably a ww CSD.
That £75000 is a lot more than many Pilots in BA. No wonder BA is slashing salaries.
I do not know for certain but I suspect that Iain Dale’s friend isn’t probably long serving full time world wide CSD. These are the only cabin crew who could attain such a salary. The numbers would be counted on two hands. They do not represent the salary costs or aspirations of the 12000 other cabin crew. I am senior crew with twenty years service, I do not come close to that figure nor even under current t&cs would I ever. Neither do I resent this crew member, they have done their time, worked hard and positively for BA and dare I say it, will soon be retired of their free will.

The debate which i hope does not start, is similar to quoting BA captains on £200k pa. Maybe a few under certain circumstances but certainly not representative of my pilot colleagues. It’s a red herring and distorts the debate.