PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 9th Jun 2020, 08:29
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by king surf
I heard Ian Dale mention that he had a friend whose salary was dropping from £75000 to £32000 so his friend was probably a ww CSD.That £75000 is a lot more than many Pilots in BA. No wonder BA is slashing salaries.
He also mentioned that someone had contacted him saying that she was now being offered less in 2020 than she started on in 1989. But her loyal service, incremental increases and promotions have earned those rises. I cannot disagree with what you're intimating that a 75k cabin crew salary is unsustainable and I presume, especially in a situation like this one, most cabin crew would accept that there would be need to be a reduction.

This situation cannot be "this and them" between pilots, engineers, head office and cabin crew - everyone needs to be together (I speak this as a non-BA employee). Aviation has a habit of doing this, and lets be honest, pilots do tend to get the better rub of the green in the aspect - I've seen this first hand. But they have invested vast sums in their future and are heavily trained; they are rightly the best paid operational staff. Of course this is a pilot forum, but there are a lot of non-pilot contributors and their viewpoints shouldn't be quashed because they don't work at the pointy end.