PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2020, 08:16
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The topic of frieght rears its head because I have former colleagues still struggling daily with supply chain issues in the NHS.

One of the procurement staff in a hospital I'm close to in the N West read out an airway bill where the supply had come in via Cardiff. Even they raised an eyebrow suggesting

"I thought this would have come in via Manchester or Liverpool. When they queried this they were told by the shipping company there is no capacity at Manchester or indeed Liverpool ?

These goods had been sat in S Wales since last Monday despite the North of England having a major international gateway serving 5 major cities and being at the centre of one of the largest population areas in Europe.

The Manchester airport board should be DEMANDING that these goods are shipped direct.

Dressing this up as a finance issue is absolutely ludiocrous.

Is Manchester so threadbare that there are no staff available to execute even the semblance of a basic operation?

Maybe it's time they got the army in to run the place.

All I'm hearing is excuse after excuse after excuse in everything that Manchester does. Its light years away from the "can do " attitude when the likes of Peter Hampson and Chris Walkden were running the show.

If Manchester is full , rather than everyone sit on their collective hands why are we not able to tow a unit off for 3 hours , handle a feight movement then tow it back or is that "too hard".

Are we so overburdened that handling 6 movements a day gives everyone in Olympic House a nervous breakdown?

As for refusing to park aircraft on RW2 because of the logistics, I would suggest we send management down to Bournemouth or Cardiff. They currently have aircraft shoehorned into every availble part of the airfield but somehow seem able to cope quite easily with 120plus stored units.. and handle NHS A340 movements on a daily basis.

Last edited by Navpi; 8th Jun 2020 at 08:48.