PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day Quarantine
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2020, 06:47
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by redsnail
A colleague in his pilots uniform was airlining from the UK to Spain to his home on BA. He was asked for his crew ID, passport and residency card. He didn't have his Spanish residency card and since his passport was French, they denied him boarding. He managed to get a flight to France and the next day, continued his journey back to Spain. I know the crewmember concerned, a nicer, pleasant gentleman I've yet to find. If he had said he was "positioning" rather than returning home, he could have boarded. Our colleague felt the person making the decision was enjoying getting on "over" a pilot.

A complaint has been filed....
To be fair to the staff etc were probably trying to ensure Spanish quarantine regulations were being observed..I'm not sure your colleague is going to get far with his complaint.

The "commuters" I know of travelling from the UK have for some time been saying they have had to show their residency card and/or proof of Spanish citizenship prior to boarding flights inbound to Spain..

https://www.casacochecurro.com/wp-co...no-europeo.jpg

I'm actually surprised he managed to get into Spain from France..rigorous checks are still being carried out at the land border between France and Spain not far from us.

Comes as a bit of a shock doesn't it when countries introduce regulations and insist they are enforced properly

Last edited by wiggy; 8th Jun 2020 at 09:45.