PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reapers - Ministers refuse to reveal target of new RAF killer drone missions
Old 7th Jun 2020, 15:21
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SLXOwft
Just to be clear when I said 'justify condemnation of misuse by others' I was thinking of certain governments unlikely to subject to the Western interpretation of the rule of law.
Iraq war was justified to be legal by West because a few lawyers found lawyer speak to justify it. The designation of military prisoners as "Armed combatants" hence Geneva convention doesn't apply was another. Gitmo and interrogation techniques deemed not torture were another.

It is difficult to have faith in Democracy when billionaires (and business) buy the candidate they want and everything gets justified from there. Any attempt to allow true democracy hasn't a hope because people with money don't like it. OTOH other types of Govt don't feel you with hope either.

Governments setting strict limits and oversight is up to them NOT any other body but sadly few will do it.

I can see the day when AI used to take out people because of what they discussing because it is deemed contrary to the safety of the state as interpreted by AI. Give it 10 years.