PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The best CVs or Resumes (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2003, 07:37
Advocatus diaboli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk pilot interview coach endorsement war, I just have to sing the praises of Pete Smith [ www.pittraining.co.uk ].

If you're going to succeed at this game, you need to understand straight away you are competing against possibly 100's of other candidates, with the same qualification and possibly superior experience levels, therefore you must do everything you can to stand out from the crowd. The way to do this is simply by doing more preparation than the next guy, and make sure your preparation is better focused than him. The amount of preparation you do is entirely down to how badly you want the job. To ensure that your preparation is properly focussed, I can wholeheartedly endorse Pete.

Pete teaches proven techniques, that whilst I'm sure are applicable to any airline's selection process, proved invaluable when I got a shot at Britannia. I passed and am now able to look forward to a paid for Type Rating, and a really good job with a 1st class airline. I have 250 hrs TT, and whilst I had modest success in my chosen field prior to taking up aviation, I don't feel I'm particularly outstanding in any way.

I honestly believe my day with Pete turned me from a 'not bad, let's see what the rest are like' -candidate, to a 'we definitely need to hire that one'.

One other thing I'd like to mention is how useful I found the ongoing advice and support Pete gave me - whilst PPRuNe is great for finding things out, it's no substitute for a trusted mentor to refer to.