PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Airfield Category
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2020, 14:18
Sepp

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by portsharbourflyer
Lets keep the post on topic, SEPP you can lecture about the semantics of Regs and AMC, but as Bizjetjock points out 95% of operators will use the AMC guidance as an absolute minimum.

In response to the original posters question; the AMC details provide the answer. Performance limitations are the most obvious part of the AMC which will result in variation in the Category not just between operator but even between different fleets of a single operator at Farnborough. The original poster wanted to know why Farnborough's Category varies then I have provided a viable answer to that question.
lmao, hoorah for you.

I believe, if you re-read my original reply, you will find that it, too, provides "a viable answer to that question". You will also note that I agree with BJJ. The discussion subsequent to MM's contribution is just that - a discussion, as very often stems from a simple question. You chose to enter that discussion, and must accept that your contribution may therefore be explored for worth, as do I and I welcome BBJ's comments. Your post contained an error... in fact, it was mainly error. You chided me that I needed to look deeper into the regulation - I merely pointed out that your quoted material was not, as you suggested, from the regulation. You regard the difference as semantics - I can assure you, having written and administered this stuff as CP of a mixed-fleet operation under three regulatory régimes, the difference between regulation, AMC and GM and the degree to which they impact upon a company's operations is remarkably important.

I am more than happy to accept that the discussion goes deeper into the what and how than OP was expecting, or than I was expecting it to. I fully appreciate that many operators don't think beyond the bare minimum of what is required - and I've flown for many of them. I most firmly do NOT accept that it should be so.

Last edited by Sepp; 6th Jun 2020 at 14:43.