PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N72EX (Kobe Bryant) Crash Reconstruction with new ATC Audio
Old 6th Jun 2020, 13:23
airplanecrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have started a g-force analysis of the flight using a program called "Tacview" and what I currently see in my model is that from 17:45:12 (after the sharp turn is established) to 17:45:22 (about when the pilot finishes saying he intends to climb to 4000), the combination of turn and acceleration downward appear to give about 0.9 - 1.1g down in the seat with very little lateral (side to side) or longitudinal (backward and forwards) g's. This is very preliminary, but I would like like to know if that even sounds possible to you all? I can reproduce a similar effect flying the X-Plane S76 simulator, but 1) It is a not a full fidelity simulator, 2) It doesn't really tell me how it would feel in the cockpit; and 3) I don't know if a pilot would notice himself/herself making the control inputs necessary to preserve a 1G in the seat as they are descending/turning (assuming the pilot is not getting attitude information from the AI and is flying by feel). I still have a lot of work to do to be confident in these preliminary results because I am still working on my pitch/roll model, working on my filtering software to deal with GPS position gaussian error, and working on my algorithm to deal with the 25 foot quantization of altitude in the ADS-B data, but it looked interesting...

Last edited by airplanecrazy; 6th Jun 2020 at 13:43.