PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Departure - Destinations Customs Internationally
Old 5th Jun 2020, 19:51
b263354

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the quick response. We are getting some conflicting reports on this from Brokers that is why I am informing here.

So I understand one must always attend customs at departure and of course customs at destination, and when it is his own aircraft not commercially operated he can fly so to speak anywhere in the world after this not having to deal with the matter of cabotage or sorts. I have heard some charter companies are limited in this matter, but they can then connect you with a local operator to continue your journey.

If an FBO manages (in part) your aircraft, it is then also not considered commercially operated? I believe if you lend it out for rent by them to cut costs, it is then and it starts applying to you too?

Concerning duty rest periods, I have heard that they are not as stringent on privately operated aircraft in comparison to commercially operated. the 10/24 rule does not apply in that case for the aircrew and they have some more time to manoeuvre?

Kind Regards, Jay