PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206 down in Fairfield
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2020, 16:51
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by hookes_joint
Are PG&E going to allow Skid transfers from the 500s while they suspend HEC for transferring the linemen from structure to structure? For the most part, the time difference between skid work and HEC is negligible.
PG&E has not done skid transfers for some time now, and I doubt they will go back to doing them. As for HEC, they are looking into it, currently suspended all HEC operations TFN.

They have some of the strictest requirements for pilots in the industry--2,500 hours PIC and mandatory Wire Environment training. The wire training is also done by linemen in order to fly up front---if not then they patrol from the back seat and we send 2 pilots.

Originally Posted by DOUBLE BOGEY
Human cargo in a SEH. My heart goes out to you guys.
Why? Are you arguing the single vs twin thing again? From what I know, had nothing to do with this accident, or dare I say it the famous twin engine helicopter crash in January. Maybe we should be saying "Human cargo with a single pilot only", or "two pilots are better than two engines".....wow....mind blown.... There is a good chance that neither of these accidents would have occurred and 12 people would be alive today.