PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Mobilization into Washington DC?
Old 5th Jun 2020, 15:08
Lonewolf_50

Received 422 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by towrope
That the military has gone against the people was dreaded but not unexpected under this administration
Please explain what you mean by that. I will say to you that the people in the military have not 'gone against the people' - and really, what do you mean by that?
The people whose stores and homes are destroyed by looters are also, the People. Do you care about them? They matter. They are caught up in a tsunami of fear and violence also, through no fault of their own.
I doubt you'll find anyone serving who objects to the protests against abuse of power (the George Floyd case among others) and you'll find very few, or none, who believe that a riot solves anything.
When the military gets called in to do that Support For Civil Authority thing, it is already a crap situation to start with.
That the various police departments need to work on and improve their approach to Protect and Serve seems to be clear.

For Chiefttp: that probably fits better into a discussion on Jet Blast.
For VortexHoop: that post you linked to is a bit disturbing. In the middle there you offered a thought that is chilling (to me).
The police seem to be too afraid to act to contain and arrest these rioters, for fear of selective news editing by the mob.
They can't do their job because of fear of looking bad. I completely get what's going on, with the two seconds of video tells the whole story approach by so much of the world's media. What's the remedy to that?