PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Skype Interview this week. Help
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2020, 14:48
TryingToAvoidCBs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lammy_pie
We do need to look more at the modular options also. Integrated seemed like the best option before Covid19, but clearly we're in a different world now...
You only have to read the threads on here about CAE and L3 to see that it's fair to say integrated hasn't been the best option for many years, but people like hearing what they want to hear and ignore the cold hard facts. As you've only looked at integrated schools that means you will have been fed the usual marketing BS of "integrated training is the only guarenteed way into a flight deck". That was the opinion perhaps 10-15 years ago, but modular training has been fighting back very strongly over the last decade and I would argue is easily on par if not slightly more popular now with trainees.

If you're in Coventry, (apart from Aeros at coverntry obviously) take a trip to Tatenhill in Burton-upton-Trent if it's not too far. Great school, aircraft, facilities and instructors. I know a number of people who trained with them (myself included for hours building and night rating) for a fraction of the cost CAE will charge, all now sit the RHS of a shiny jet.

As others have said, be patient, take your time. I can't see any airlines seriously looking at hiring new low hours cadets any time in the next 2-3 years, theres not rush. Go modular, save yourself a fortune and have a nice holiday at the end to treat yourself.