PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Departure - Destinations Customs Internationally
Old 5th Jun 2020, 12:54
b263354

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Departure - Destinations Customs Internationally

Good folks,

Three questions if someone would be so kind as to answer.

1) When flying from a country to another country (Say from a local airfield in Canada, to a local destination airfield in Chile), I know that at destination one has to clear customs, but can you say depart from any airfield without customs and at the destination clear customs? Or do you have to first fly from a local airfield to an airport with customs in the departing country and clear customs there, depart to the destination and clear customs again at the first appropriate airport, then fly to the intended local airport in that country?

2) I presume that when flying commercially this is not allowed except between the US and Europe (Cabotage), but if say you are not flying commercially, is it then allowed to fly on within the destination country after clearing customs to any (local) airport within the destination country?

3) If I fly without reimbursement, say as a "favour" for the client, is above mentioned point at # 2 applicable, or is it so that when I am payed for the service, I am automatically flying commercially thus all the rules for flying a commercial aircraft apply as ay for Netjets?

I ask this because a client is wondering if to continue with chartering aircraft and having to change to a locally operated aircraft to fly on to destinations within the destination country sometimes when applicable, or to just purchase an aircraft, find his own crew and fly it anywhere with it only being managed by an FBO, sidestepping the rules so to say as those are applicable when flying via a commercial private jet company. It might be more expensive but he could just stay seated and fly form any airport to any airport more or less in the world

Kind regards,

Jay