PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Mobilization into Washington DC?
Old 5th Jun 2020, 10:54
pr00ne

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Vortex Hoop
the footage I have seen this morning looks more serious than that now...hordes of masked rioters steaming down Whitehall assaulting many police and even an Aussie TV news crew. Scum need to be dealt with properly. Any excuse for a riot like after Mark Duggan in 2011.
Vortex Hoop,

Are you sure you are not getting muddled up wtih US footage? I was at the demonstration at the weekend which was peaceful and the chat and banter with the Police was friendly, and they were generally supportive. I was not on the demonstration on Wed but did just happen to be walking up Whitehall when a number of demonstrators who were gathered outside the gates to Downing Street were running down Whitehall toward Parliament Square. There were not thousands of them, they were NOT rioting, and at no time did I get any sense that they would. More than a few gathered at the Cenotaph for staged photos but they didn't desecrate it, and a lot of the protestors called them out and told them to leave it alone, which eventually they did.