PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2020, 07:56
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Eejit
I do realise the 'problem' of not living in the middle of London, having never lived there in my life.
The fact is exactly as you say, we have to try to get back to work - but if it can't be done it can't be done, simple as that. Business trips, just like visiting family or friends, is going to have to wait a bit longer before it returns to the 'new normal.'
I daresay in 6-12 months when things do (hopefully) settle down a bit, regional airlines might well tweak their schedules a bit, but at the moment it is still survival mode for most.
Indeed - I was trying to do the trip ''as simply as possible'' which would be to use my local airport, or even LHR at a push.

Seems though that the new airline & routes from SOU, whilst I wish them well, have sadly structured a time schedule that suits no one trying to get back to businesses as normal.
(well - some sort of normal of course)

I cannot wait 6 months I'm afraid (unless we stay in perpetual lock-down, in which case we and the economy are all pretty much doomed lol)
That's my point.

I can do it on the train up via LON WAT & KX - I can just about take the risk I suppose that SWR will operate on the day without it's usual nonsense.