PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206 down in Fairfield
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2020, 04:33
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
The pilot, (Roscoe Gray), was working for PJ Helicopters, contracted to Pacific Gas & Electric, (PG&E). The two linemen worked for Wilson Construction,, one was a 4 year apprentice, (Travis Shull), the other a Journeyman, (Jimmy Wasdin). (My pilots have worked with both linemen in the past). They were in fact on the end of a line. They would not have been electrocuted as the lines were not "hot" or "live". Unfortunately it appears the helicopter hit the lines and came on top of them and burned.

All PG&E helicopter operations have been on safety stand down for the last 2 days. My pilots and I spent one of those days in a group huddle discussing all sorts of safety issues flying techniques and and we resume flying tomorrow. It is amazing the things you can learn from each other when forced to sit in a room and talk. (11 pilots, 12 different opinions.....). PG&E has suspended all human external cargo until further notice, so we are doing cargo only and the linemen will have to hike into and then climb their towers. This will double the work time for each structure being worked on.

RIP to all 3.