PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2020, 15:23
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TK returning to STN

Originally Posted by Harrych
When doing a mock booking flights still show as being operated by Anadolujet, they are due start a daily route to SAW as well, however, they will move all flights back to LGW (according to the reservation site) at the start of the winter season. I’m surprised TK mainline don’t already operate a route to IST, maybe they will once all this is over.

On another positive note EL AL have closed all reservations from STN, again hopefully they return when this is over.

I was also wandering what the status of the Stansted transformation project is?
I hope that they will. Since the loss of AtlasGlobal, STN lacks a service to the main airport in Istanbul, so the gap is there. I would have thought that TK could return to STN to make it work, given the huge number of connections available via IST, not to mention that TK already services both LHR and LGW 3-4 times each daily. So demand clearly is there (or at least it was prior to COVID-19), so there may be a case for TK to reintroduce STN to the network once all this is over- would certainly be nice seeing them back at Stansted after 10 years away.

Also, as noted above, what is the current progress of the STN transformation project? What further work is being planned to the terminal/satellites etc?