PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Temperature error correction - or lack of....
Old 26th Nov 2003, 03:25
RoboAlbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Stable

Whilst I see you go to great lengths to stress that no accusations are being levelled at me, you nevertheless go on to make your points 1 to 4. I therefore think it fair to point out that far from going straight to step 3. I did spend a good deal of time moving through steps 1. and 2.

As to step 4. I think that whatever his intentions might be, his tone was inappropriate. Phrases like "I say again" and “I'll help. Here's the link. Try 'temperature error'” demonstrate a rather condescending attitude to a relative stranger to the tech forum. I’ve personally always steered clear of the use of sarcasm as an instructional aid.

Now to go back to my original post I don’t believe this was a repeat question. The temperature error threads contain few if any references to incidents or accidents reports related to temperature error. As I have said it was to incidents or accidents reports I was interested in, not a discussion on the application of TEC. The fact that BOAC includes the FAA document, which although very interesting to read again, makes no reference to a specific incident - demonstrating that he has still failed to understand my original question.

This kind of welcome to the tech forum is hardly likely to engender a lively and open debate.

RoboAlbert