PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bain: Virgin Australia needs to be more like Virgin Blue
Old 4th Jun 2020, 05:14
MickG0105

Received 219 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
My misreading of his timeline but he was only CEO of Domestic for two years before he left in March 2015. He then got the Melbourne Airports job in September 2015 so you don't think he has some sort of axe to grind?
Axe to grind? No, I don't think that's the case at all. Not every senior exec acts as though they're in a TV show.

AJ thought very highly of Lyell from their Ansett days and was very keen to get him on board at Qantas. In terms of leaving Qantas, my understanding, all third and fourth hand mind you, is that Lyell was keen to get back to Melbourne. Apparently the helm of Jetstar was in the offing but not for a few years. I don't think that there's ever been any animosity between Lyell and AJ or towards Qantas in general.

Originally Posted by Lookleft
... Wasn't he CEO Domestic when Gareth Evans was CEO International and GE got the Group CEO position at Jetstar? ...
No, Gareth moved from CFO to International at the same time that Lyell left. Gareth got the Jetstar gig a couple of years later in November 2017 when Carla left.

Last edited by MickG0105; 4th Jun 2020 at 05:32. Reason: GE details