PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bain: Virgin Australia needs to be more like Virgin Blue
Old 3rd Jun 2020, 23:17
didrechambers77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheels_down
The HQ will be wherever she lives. I don’t believe that is Brisbane. Sounds like she will have control over the airline group from a Chair position so what Carla wants Carla gets.

She he will have nobody above her to challenge her for once.
Spot on! The Bain Capital bid included an immediate $500m injection to cover short term redundancies and opex until Dec/Jan. Included further, was $500m contributed from Mel Apt and Vic govt which would include moving the HQ to MEL and leased land with purpose built facility in the short term (sponsored by Vic Govt + Aus Govt).

The forensics at KPMG have described the state of the VA books as something not even Bondy could compile.This is aligned with the affidavit Strawberry and Deloitte indicated that "they couldn't understand it". Which means, no accountability, no accounting standards or practices AND the icing in the cake, the claim of $1b in the bank from Scuz meant nothing... when time came it wasn't there. Thanks for the great advice Keith, I guess your screaming match was correct.

As for next steps, darling Carla will be Chairwoman, with the current C-suite wiped. Group Executive will be old Strambi (already had a few dins over the topic)...

For your anti-Carla remarks, I suspect you're more worried out of a personal gain if anything. The Business hasn't operated like as such since 2006, with limited foresight and no ROI in projects/routes/staff while the L3 managers and below continued to add complexity to processes and procedures. You should consider her resume and experience to the saviour of the Business, a Business that will make money. No one liked the tough decisions, but they need to be made. Those that remain will stay in and look back (among trusted company) and think, yeah she's alright. (Besides, Scuz was about to do the same, he just didn't pull back the curtains on his man cave in Alpha Ground... instead it was decorated with his little handbag Mehaff's with buzz words from TedTalks.... right-o).