PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2020, 22:00
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by lomapaseo
OK I have a question (not a postulation of what did happen)

I noted among all the pictures (this event or otherwise) that landing on the engines tends to at least partially deploy the engine reverser sleeves.

Assuming the sliding forces are large enough t oat least result in an "unlocked state) would this send a signal to the engine FADEC to retard the engine presuming that the gear was not down?

This of course may be in-service model specific
Loma, first off I'd be surprised if the reverser moved much - there are locking actuators that shouldn't unlock in the absence of hydraulic pressure. The stowed prox sensors may go 'target far', but the actual reverser movement would be small.
Now, on Boeing, it takes more than 'unlocked' for a thrust cutback - the thrust cutback is based on the FADEC sensed actual reverser position (there is some special logic that comes into play if the sensed position is different between the channels). Typically nothing happens until the reverser is more than 10% from the commanded position. For example, if closed is 0%, thrust cutback will start at 10% and limited to idle at 15% - same thing at the other end between 85% and 90% deployed.
Now, as noted, that's how the Boeing installation works, but I'd be a bit surprised if Airbus is much different.